- Add an item to your list
- Mark an item as complete
- Load your list from multiple computers.
You've sketched up an initial screenshot of what you want it to look like:
When you have completed today's goal of getting the basic application online you should understand:
- How to use the React library to render HTML elements.
- How to incrementally add features to your application.
- How to get your application online.
- 1-ish hours of the basics of clients and servers.
- 3-ish hours of adding features to you application, broken up into 1 hour chunks.
This is just a rough guideline, not a mandate. Some steps you'll go over and some you'll go under. It'll all work out by the end of the day. Probably.
When programming, you'll generally want these tools on hand:
- Your browser to see the code running (I recommend Chrome, but any will do!)
- A text editor to change the code (I recommend Sublime)
Before you can start the tutorial, you'll need to download the tutorial to your computer to edit the source code.
Once you've downloaded it, open index.html with your browser. You should see a mock up of your list. If you do not, get an instructor to help you out.
Each lesson will look like this:
A note for teachers
The backend for this curriculum is hosted at http://listalous.herokuapp.com/
If it isn't working, you might be able to deploy it somewhere else using the code from https://github.com/raorao/headless_todos