in a modern web application. You're going to be building a personal to do list application.
You've decided that you'd like to:
* Add an item to your list
* Mark an item as complete
* Load your list from multiple computers.
You've sketched up an initial screenshot of what you want it to look like:
![Browser window with list application running](img/finished_app.png)
When you have completed today's goal of getting the basic
application online you should understand:
* How to incrementally add features to your application.
* How to get your application online.
* 3-ish hours of adding features to you application, broken up into 1 hour chunks.
This is just a rough guideline, not a mandate. Some steps you'll go
over and some you'll go under. It'll all work out by the end of the
When programming, you'll generally want these tools on hand:
* Your browser to see the code running (I recommend Chrome, but any will do!)
* A text editor to change the code (I recommend <a
messages. This is built into your browser.
Before you can start the tutorial, you'll need to <a href="IntermediateTodoList.zip">download the tutorial</a>
to your computer to edit the source code.
Once you've downloaded it, open index.html with your browser. You should see a mock up of your list. If you do not, get an instructor to help you out.